1st attempt at Fan Fiction "Mustering the Brood"

So this is my first effort ever at a short fan fiction story, this excerpt is the prelude to the story i am looking to write. Let me know what you think, any critiques and suggestions are welcome! Hope you enjoy!

Oh and this has.not.been edited for proper grammar or spelling so please be aware! And some of it will change before im done.

Mustering the Brood

the Sun glistened through the canopy, and skipped off the still swamp waters. the morning mist had not yet evaporated and hung low across the cool water. She moved through the swamp with purpose and ease, her leathery skin absorbing the warm sunlight that casually made it through. She thought as she walked, as often she did, about what her life had been before the experiments. Before the Creater God's left the world in their large metal contraptions, and blasted off into the stars. Most memories such as these were often cloudy and obscured, her earliest memories were of her holding cell and the countless injections the scientist would give her.

She glanced down as she walked and thought, and her reflection looked back. She had a bald head with tough leathery skin and a very human looking face, the same kind of face the creators had. She cursed under her breath, "Damn them all for leaving us, for casting us aside, unwanted and unloved." they had made her this way, And she didn't know how or why. her body was similar to theirs, very similar and she suspected she might have once been human. now her hands and feat ended in sharp daggerlike claws, And from her back protruded a bony sail that helped her dissipate the excessive heat her body generated. Her bio-genetic energy allowed her to assimilate many altered energy types and use them in many different ways, but this burned her blood if used too much. the bony sail and her hairless naked body allowed for her blood to cool, and she learned early to limit herself to just three energy types per day as to not overheat.

a low growl to her left awoke her from he thoughts, she was nearing the spawning pool and single broodhound sentry issued its warning. the broodhounds are a vicious pet and faithful companion. they protect their leader to the last, and their four legs allow them to pounce a great distance to tear the throat from their unsuspecting prey.

She issued a telepathic link towards the Hound and it backed off, but remained watching her closely. Most of the creature in the swamp communicated telepathically. Cthough the Hounds couldn't talk, he knew how to listen.

the swamp became a bit drier in this part as the land slightly rose above the waterline to form a large island amongst the stank and foul waters. Trees and vegetation of all types that couldn't grow elsewhere fought over every inch of this land.

She walked toward the center of this island, for that was her destination this day. and soon she came to the mere. the center of this island spread out wide before her in an expanse of a still calm pool of water. this was the spawning pool.

"Sister!" she called out,"I have come as you requested"

the water before her rippled a bit, and a telepathic link hit her mind, the force of which almost brought her to her knees.

"Hello, Sister Helexa" answered the Brood Mere, "How do my children, do?"

Helexa thought on the issue. The Mere knew that answer already for she had a telepathic link to all her children. Even to her and their Brother Mean Jellybean. So why did she ask?

"They all fair well, and grow strong, but I doubt you didn't already know that" Helexa responded back telepathically.

"Ever the perceptive one, my dear sister. I ask this today for one reason." the mere replies. "I ask because the Creator God's have returned and are even now encroaching upon our home. it is time my sister to muster the Brood and bring retribution to those who left us behind. it is time for WAR!"

Without a response Helexa turned away from the Mere and hurried from the island back toward her brood spawn, to prepare them to March. This time as she moved through the swamp she did not dwell on the past, but on the future and the last word her sister had imparted, WAR! For the first time in a while Helexa smiled.
    Last edited by Kaspa V; 03-12-2014 at 09:06 AM.
    "There is no mercy in this dojo!"

so far pretty good! have you read anything from the force lists book?
    http://dusktilldawngames.wordpress.com/<-----My blog check it!

New England CMoN FB Page <---- join up! Dark Age events posted here!! Outside the region welcome!

Unfortunately no, i havent owned any yet nor had the opportunity
    "There is no mercy in this dojo!"