Thread: Canon Works

Canon Works

Hi all.

New to Dark Age (moved over after the Malifaux rule switch) and I'm interested in reading more about the world, and maybe trying my hand at some fan-fiction. I have the 2013 Core Rules and have read the synopsis there, but was wondering what other fiicton exists and what canon I should be aware of. Thanks!
    When beggars die there are no comets seen.
    The heavens themselves blaze forth the death of princes.

-William Shakespeare

Welcome.

First, start with the Apocalypse Forcelist (NOT the Core Rules). It's a force book and the model stats it has are currently outdated however it contains a ton of story.

Partially, you'll notice the world revolves around the Forsaken as the last remnant of Civilized human society surrounded by all other forces. The book outlines this history as well as give background information on:
    Forsaken
    Outcast
    Bounty Hunters
    Dragyri
    Skarrd
    Heretic
    Brood

It also goes into a model by model back story. Literally hundreds of pages of content.

Next, you may want to check out Devastation and Conflagration. Devastation is, again, outdated force books but...
    -Devastation has the backstory on my favorite faction, the CORE, as well as the Cult of Metamorphosis sub-faction for the Skarrd.
    -Conflagration adds the Fire Caste for the Dragyri as well as the Kukulkani.
    Conflagration is NOT outdated and anyone who might suggest that I suggested it was is cray cray.

In addition, you may check out some of the older books like Exodus. I personally haven't read these but they may contain some additional stuff left out of the newer books and you can pick up old Dark Age books on the cheap usually.
    Last edited by Never Knows Best; 04-19-2014 at 01:04 AM.

just to note, Conflagration isnt outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
    just to note, Conflagration isnt outdated.
    I don't know what you're talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by Never Knows Best View Post
    Conflagration is NOT outdated and anyone who might suggest that I suggested it was is cray cray.