Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

New Book Open QnA

Hello Kiddies. I figured we could have some fun and discuss the upcoming book and it's models...

I won't reveal everything, of course, but if you have any question I just might tease you
    Last edited by AngelicOne; 07-15-2014 at 06:57 PM.

Are the newly revealed forsaken troops, Sheperd, militia, and flock, replacing strikes, ravages, and banes?

Replace? Why would they replace anything :P

What is the rough distribution of units for prevailers and units for older armies? Also can you tell us what existing armies will be getting stuff in the prevailers book?

This book contains units for Prevailers and Forsaken units. No other army is receiving anything in this book.

I don't suppose you want to let slip yet all the models that will be for sale at GenCon?

Maybe if you don't want to give too much away, could you at least give us the names of some of the new Special Abilities/Weapon abilities?

Also, the biggest question on most people's minds is going to be how the Prevailers work, faction wise. Are they a separate faction? A Forsaken sub faction? Forsaken "generics" that can be taken with any Forsaken faction, etc.

Here's one of the backs:

GOES OUT WITH A BANG: When this model is killed, place a Blast(2) template with the center hole anywhere completely over this model’s base before it is removed. All models under the template suffer an automatic PW: 5x2 hit.

PSYCHOGENIC MASTER: Twice per activation, this model may spend 1 AP to cast 1 Psychogenic from their applicable Psychogenic List.

PSYCHOGENIC FEEDBACK: Each time an enemy casts a psychogenic within 8”, it must make a PS Check at -4 after that action is completed (regardless of success or failure). If this check is failed that model loses 1 HP.

PSYCHOGENIC RESOLVE(x): (x) times per game, while this model is alive and a model malfunctions while casting a psychogenic, you may ignore that malfunction (keeping any other results of the roll).

Since you have shown the changes to the CORE for the upcoming book is it safe to say there will be a fair few changes to other factions?

Also this is more of a future question but you have said you want to limit faction bloat, I take it that means you are looking at more sub factions/ new factions. My question is.... How many factions would you feel would work for DA since each faction needs to play a little different/ look different to stop a generic feel from creeping into the game?
    When does the painting end..........

Of the new Forsaken units, how many will be Prevailer-only and how many will be available to all the Saints? Will Prevailers be able to function as a more interesting version of "generic" Forsaken? Will Prevailers be divided into sub-groups like the Saints?

Will any of the minor psychogenic-users (sorry, "Miracles") be fieldable by existing saints, or are they Prevailer-only?

Will the new units be furthering the Forsaken theme of squad leaders that grant their units extra rules?

Are all the new models "dudes" or mounted dudes, or are there some war-beast-type things like attack dogs or cyborgized lizards?

I'm guessing there are lobotomized techno-zombies for Prevailers. Please tell me if there are lobotomized technozombies. Or vat-grown cyborg abominations?

Quote Originally Posted by beakerkd View Post
    Since you have shown the changes to the CORE for the upcoming book is it safe to say there will be a fair few changes to other factions?

Also this is more of a future question but you have said you want to limit faction bloat, I take it that means you are looking at more sub factions/ new factions. My question is.... How many factions would you feel would work for DA since each faction needs to play a little different/ look different to stop a generic feel from creeping into the game?
    I honestly can't see another whole-cloth faction being added to Dark Age; most of the thematic design space has been occupied, but I really didn't see the Triple-K coming. There's room for more SUB-factions among the existing ones, though.

Invading Aliens? Kx3 got that on lockdown. Ancient evil-re-awakened? Covered between CORE, Kx3, and Brood. Naturey faction? Brood, and its sci-fi, so druids 'n such don't really fit.

The only, ONLY thing I can see that there's still room for is tentacle-faced alien mastermind slavetakers/manipulators/infiltrators/reptiloids a-la Mind Flayers, Cephalyx, and Body-Snatchers. And you could probably get that from an infiltration-focused brood subtheme that uses creatures that can pass for human or sneak into civilized areas.
    Last edited by Ahriman42; 07-16-2014 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahriman42 View Post
    Of the new Forsaken units, how many will be Prevailer-only and how many will be available to all the Saints? Will Prevailers be able to function as a more interesting version of "generic" Forsaken? Will Prevailers be divided into sub-groups like the Saints?

Will any of the minor psychogenic-users (sorry, "Miracles") be fieldable by existing saints, or are they Prevailer-only?

Will the new units be furthering the Forsaken theme of squad leaders that grant their units extra rules?

Are all the new models "dudes" or mounted dudes, or are there some war-beast-type things like attack dogs or cyborgized lizards?

I'm guessing there are lobotomized techno-zombies for Prevailers. Please tell me if there are lobotomized technozombies. Or vat-grown cyborg abominations?
    1a. The Prevailers have 14 new units.

1b. The Saints have 10

1c. Generic Forsaken have 3

2. Why would the prevailers share their gifts with their enemies? Not to say certain... Powers... are unique to them...

3. Spoilers

4. The Repentant are sinners who wish to be redeemed for their transgressions. Nothing more, of course!

And yes, all the faction documents are getting tweaked, in one way or another.