Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Resin Figures

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more stuff like Wrath of Kings in the future, with Resin bodies and hard polystyrene for things like weapons so you don't get the same bend as easily.

Got nothing to base that on, just that another game from CMON is doing that. Also, just fyi, the Cabrakan does have metal shoulders, resin arms, and metal hands and weapons.

Like others I have no issues with mixed resin and metal figures but after seeing his Fire Caste Phalanx spears and Arbiter's Khopesh (which is going to be tricky to ever get straight) last night, I do hope that Dark Age passes on making any more thin resin weapons on their figures.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

I like resin/metal mix as long as it's done correctly.

CORE Thumper = wrong
    Skaard Abominations = right

Just to note, all the new Thumpers got the Lt. Dan treatment and now have metal legs.

Those metal legs were great for the Thumper, allowed me to easily bend them so they would stand up properly.

My 2nd thumper had metal legs; WAY easier to properly base and work with.

Thumper's one of the best models in Dark Age. Other people looking at games where its played find it oddly striking; its just not like anything anywhere else.

Both my Thumpers were a pain; the first was the Resin or plastic legs (whichever that was) which was very stable but also a tad fragile and required a bit of repair however while the metal ones were more resilient and "pose-able" I found that this also had the disadvantage of not wanting to stay where I put it, causing the model to "settle" a bit lower under the weight of the Thumper's carriage.

Either way, to Ahri's point, ultimately worth it as all the extra "bits" as well as some amateur painting work well to make it look like the mobile walking grenade launcher it is (that being said, I actually get the most comments on the 80mm Pathfinders or Recovery Bot and few on the Thumpers).