A due origins story

First, let me get one thing straight: I simply love the Dark Age background. It's gritty, violent and has an underlaying dark logic. But there was always one thing I couldn't make sense of. It kept me awake at night for weeks. And this is why I wrote this screenplay. (In case you don't know: things in parenthesis are stage directions.)

Scene: A seedy part of Port city. Three young girls cower in a grime stained corner around a small fire.

Girl 1: That was the last of our food.

Girl 2: Well, begging sure isn't as glamorous as I expected it to be. We've got to do something else.

Girl 3: Like?

Girl 2: Stealing! We'll have to start a life of vicious crime!

Girl1&3: Cooool!

Girl 2: Everything that has happened before is history now. We'll start fresh! I think it's only fitting if we give ourselves new names.

Girl 1: I go first! I want to be called something cool and dangerous. Oh, I got! From now on, I shall be known as- X-cess!

Girl 2: Nice one! I'll take a different approach, though. I mean, I want to be known for my deeds, not my name. No offense, X-Cess.

X-Cess: None taken.

Girl 2: With that said, I'll go with- Kristan!

Girl 3: Nice.

X-Cess. A bit pedestrian, if you ask me. But you can pull it off!

Kristan(to Girl 3): So, the two of us are covered. What's your name gonna be?

Girl 3(talking to herself in her mind): Damn, I'm completely blanking. Crapcrapcrap. Say something. Dave! Thomas! No, those are dude's names! I need a name for a girl. Bologna sandwich! No, that's not a name at all. That's something you eat! Oh god, they are all looking at me! Say something! Anything!

Girl 3(out loud): Hephzibah.

X-Cess: Uhm...what?

Kristan: Gesundheit?

Hephzibah(talking to herself in her mind): Oh, dammit. Where did that come from? But I can't change it now. It would look stupid. I'll just have to roll with it.

Hephzibah(out loud): Hephzibah: That is my name now. I think it's pretty. It just rolls right of your tongue, doesn't it?

Kristan(aside to X-Cess): Help me out here. Why do we let her hang out with us? I mean, she was your friend first, wasn't she?

X-Cess: Oh, come on! I hardly know her!

FIN

And that, kids, is how the name Hephzibah came to be. Good night.

That makes Sense. At least to me!

Lol, thanks for that

Haha, got a chuckle out of that.
    Throne of Angels Video Blog - ARE YOU WATCHING?