Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Tim's 1-A-Week Painting, Taco Challenge! (Warning! Silly) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Seems like the proper amount of Thumpers. Like the way you posed the DRG-Y Never.

April's up, where are the rest of you slackers?!

That these are probably my best painted of the bunch might be offset by the fact that they are probably, also, the worst pictures of the bunch. Oh well, photos or they aren't painted, right?

I am especially happy with the "Starry Night" style Zephyrs... unfortunately all of these are for our Dragyri player so I'm wasting good painting effort on those infamous psychogenic spammers!

Zephyrs

Fire Caste Enforcer of Judgement and Female Phalanx

Without (magnetized... ooo) shield

Woo! April Update!

Here's Raze, a Puppet, and a Keepsake

Followed by something I posted on FB last month: Father Mayhem and a Blood Reign (who, surprisingly, was an MVP at Adepticon).

This puts me at 16/52, so just barely on track. I'm going to try to keep pace in the Summer, though I'll probably be painting less due to the nice weather. That said, I've got a lot of nearly finished stuff I can bang out as well as a surprise army for Gencon...

Oh, you don't need that Father Mayhem, he can go back into the box. A dark, deep, thick, metal box with a big lock and no key...

Sure, though what comes out to replace him isn't anymore pleasant...

May

Zephon and the Bondsman turned out pretty well and I'm happy enough with Esh and Zephon. All these models were painted and pictures taken at the same time so I'm afraid the pictures won't get any better until the mid year batch when I take some new ones. Also, I'm still pounding away at my Core board so hopefully that will be done by the end of the year.

Esh and Zephon

Here I really like how the "flowers" worked for Zephon, something I'll likely try again. Esh's head was problematic but I don't mind how it ended up. I really like the smoke effect on Esh's little flying thing, even if it does look a little cartoony.

Warknight Captain and Bondsman

Both shields turned out awesome and I don't mind either helmets. Also, the net was actually something that I've done before. Everything else was kinda 'meh'.

June

Probably my least favorite batch. The Stingers I actually bought pre-painted and I was really happy with most of it as well as my touch-up job. Joan turned out okay, I'm not sure anyone likes doing flesh tones and I wanted her to be a bit on the pale side. Her hair is a bit too yellow and probably needs some washing.

I like the detail I got out of the Voice's features but not the face (if I never have to paint another Forsaken face again...)

Stingers x2, Joan, The Voice of the Prevailers

So, I missed last month, but managed to make up for this month. That puts me at 24/52, so on par for 4/month, but 2 behind if we're counting by weeks. Going to have to pick up the pace (or, more realistically, backload everything until after Gencon).

Anyhow, here's a graphical representation of my progress:

NEW MODELS

So, I clearly need an X'TREME army for the X'TREME tournament at Gencon. If advertisements during crappy 90's television taught me anything, it's that Mountain Dew is the pinnacle of X'TREME. So, I present to you: MOUNTAIN BROOD

Note that I'm still waiting for the Alpha Broodling's base to try (and perhaps I'll add a snowboard or something to show how X'TREME he is).

In case you're wondering how one paints such an X'TREME army,

Well, now you know (seriously though, thanks for making an awesome brush Nestor!)

Yes, but where are their top hats?

Luke with Arsenals and Zuriel this batch. I actually bought them "pre-painted" so these models had to be re-painted and touched up. Luke also got reworked with some magnetics to swap out the gun and spear, which should still be useful with the new rules.

Not sure what all the other slackers are doing, at this rate it should be pretty easy for Tim to treat Tacos for two...

Luke, Arsenal x2

Luke, Arsenal, Zuriel