Thread: Chainlink fence

Chainlink fence

I tired asking this at the Samaria group, I'll try it here as well:

In the rule book there are pictures of a really nice-looking, rusty chain link fence. I'd really like to get me one of those - does anyone have a how-to for making one, or know where one can be bought?

I made one super easy that I really liked. As a rule, I like to make my own terrain (as opposed to buying premade) to keep things cheap.

Basically, I bought plastic woven packaging. The packaging I used specifically was made to hold those Fla-Vor-Ice frozen Popsicle tubes but it could be something like to hold marbles, bananas, etc... usually a red plastic woven into small squares. Find a package of something cheap, cut it up, string it between two toothpicks/chopsticks/etc. and spray paint. Super easy, looks really good.

I'll post a picture of my Recovery Bot that has some of this in its basing when I get a chance.

Great idea! Only challenge is to find mesh that's right, but that solution is easy and cheap. On Facebook they suggested making one out of 1/16 steel mesh. Guess I'll see what's easiest to find. Seems like another trip to Jula is in order.

I both buy and make, while it is nice to make your own, time can be limited for me. So many projects, so little time.

The benefit to Never's suggestion is you get tube popsicle's out of that. Also I might have to try that myself on the base of my next 80mm CORE bot.

Quote Originally Posted by taruan View Post
    The benefit to Never's suggestion is you get tube popsicle's out of that.
    See? I do come up with good ideas every now and again.