Growing the Dark Age Community.....

Dark Age Community:

Hello all, I am wanting to start building the Oklahoma City Meta for gaming and Tournaments for Dark Age. I play Infinity and their Community as far as gaming goes is the best one for Miniature Gaming with the closeness of every Meta reaching out to other Metas and getting everyone involved. We as Dark Age players need to reach out to other cities of our State and also each State needs to reach out to other States. I know there is Leigon which I am going to sign up for so I can get serious about getting Dark Age in Oklahoma City, but this is just not enough. I spoke with Tim Korklewski about doing something similar to the "Dire States" that the Infinity Metas do. Can we as Dark Age players and members of this Community get this accomplished? Please leave feedback and ideas so we can start this conversation and get Dark Age huge and so we call all meet each other and get some games in with each other as well.

Outside of Conventions, Dark Age can be very player-driven if you are not in one of the hot areas. What this means is it is ultimately on us to get things going. Joining Legion is an excellent idea as-is growing your local player base.

In regards to cross-state games, we have had some success growing cities and now holding event that included players from other states. We being from Wisconsin have reached out to players in Minnesota, Illinois, and Indiana and, while we won't be playing games very often where everyone comes together, the fact that we've gotten any traction at all should be encouraging.

The "Dire States" event sounds very interesting, basically it is a mini-con for people to get together and play a game. I don't know how they do it and still get as many people as they do but the idea is worth pursuing. At the very least, some of the things we do such as Warlords Rising or March to Immortality could certainly be run as multi-state events.

With all the new Beasts of War videos coming out next week, I think we will get lots more players. A lot of us play Infinity like me. To get those players hooked, we need tournaments besides the Cons. State vs. State. Lets see what we can come up with.