Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Saint Joan

Saint Joan

I posted this thread because there is not one dedicated to Saint Joan, and this is Heresy.

Saint Joan is going to be brutal to play with and really brutal to play against.

I want to start throwing ideas around for lists and the pros and cons of what the lists consist of.

Please add away and lets get Saint Joan, The Redemption Saint the Spotlight she deserves.

I'm not sure I would call the "Divine Inquisitor" the "Redemption Saint".

Very true, Devine Inquisitor.

Speaking of Saint Joan I made a 1000 point list that I think would work very well:

Saint Joan

Inquisitor

Death Knight x2

Sin Eater x2

Ariel

Salome

Tania

The Grey Lady

I will try this as soon as I can by proxy, but please let me know what thoughts are on this list.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dub View Post
    Very true, Devine Inquisitor.

Speaking of Saint Joan I made a 1000 point list that I think would work very well:
    I think that's not going to do so great at 1,000, as you're only bringing 10 activations to the table against an opponent likely to have 13-20. If you run up against big squads of models, they're going to be able to swarm and pick up apart (e.g., against a Grey Lady drop). I also don't like the solo Inquisitor at 1,000; if you're going to make the most of Joan's tricks, you really want to make sure Supression(Never Panic) can be in a few places at once.

I think Joan/Inquisitor/Death Knights/Sin Eaters is a good basis for a list, but I'd probably want to fill it in with some generic troops and/bounty hunters. For instance, at 750, something like:

Joan
    Inquisitor
    1x Death Knight
    2x Sin Eaters
    2x Firestorms
    1x Firestorm Leader
    1x Sister of Charity
    1x Cesspool

This list ups your model count, still can pass out panic counters, has some solid AP denial (Paralysis, Fire), brings some healing to the table to keep models in the fight/make Masochist more attactive, and brings some AR debuff via Rot.

That sounds like very sound advice. How would you then make a list with Ariel, Salome, and Tania, where they were linked either the Inquistor or Saint Joan? Would you add a Sister Of Charity?
    Last edited by C-Dub; 08-15-2015 at 04:35 AM.

Re: The Furies - I've got some ideas for how to run them, but I'm hesitant to say "Do this; it'll work great" without table time. My current thinking is, at 750, you can run them as a self-sufficient squad on one flank with everything else on another. I'd load up on cheaper troops on my other flank (e.g. - Firestorms, Banes, Coils, Haniels) with Joan/Inquistor. Something like:

Joan
    Inquistor
    The Furies (3x)
    2x Firestorms
    1x Firestorm Leader
    1x Ravage
    1x Ravage Leader

The intent is to to just go ham on mid-range attacks. You can either punch someone to death or shoot them to death, depending on terrain on the match-up. Don't be bashful using Joan's psychogenics until she gets stuck in. Sure, a healer (or Weaponsmith) would be great, though I don't like the idea of what I'd be losing to add one in.

Just my 2 cents.

Re: "The Furies"

My desire to field themMy desire to have Blinding Shockwave and pay 225 points

I think the Furies will be a great addition for Saint Joan. Ranged attacks, Mid Ranged attacks, and Close Combat in 3 models. Win, win.

Here is a list I was thinking of trying out:

St. Joan
    2 Death Knights
    2 Sin Eaters
    Grey Lady
    Henial
    Sister of Compassion

Cheers,
    Kas

I like the Sister of Compassion pick specifically. In Joan's lists, being able to squadlink a healer means she can go after everyone has gone "masochistic" and heal them back up to full. She also keeps them alive longer so they can afford to take 1 HP loss and regain it a round later by "fueled."

I think you're missing my favorite pairing though which is two Inquisitors. If they squadlink together they have AS 10 to a weapon that has 4x2 PW, Fire and Victimize and the special ability preventing enemies from avoiding Panic Counters.