Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Is there an Official Word to the 2016 Immortal schedule?

I have a couple quick questions for anyone who is in "the know" for next year's Dark Age Tournament and Con schedule.

1. At Gencon 2015 there was talk that the big Immortal Tournament might not be at Gencon for 2016 and instead might be at the CMON con. Can anyone shed some light on this?

2. Dark Age is currently on a semi-annual release schedule and last year the mid-year release was planned around Templecon. Since Templecon no longer happens at the same time of the year, is there another Con that will take its place?

3. I know there was also talk about the Immortal being 750 and there are a lot of 500 MTIs coming up (Adepticon for example). It's probably a little far out to think about format but this could be useful info as well.

Gods, I hope 1 isn't true. No way I can afford to go to both GenCon and CMON Con.

I really hope the big tourney is 750 again though.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Bloodlust View Post
    I really hope the big tourney is 750 again though.
    FB, what surprises do you got for us at 750 this year? Personally if it's 750 I might try to make a Skylancer Prevailer list work but we'll see.

Way too early to nail anything down.

Assuming the 750 point tournament was happening tomorrow, with the MTI 2015 doc, I'd give Air Caste and Broodspawn:Eradicate some serious credence, with Cult of Metamorphosis as a strong contender too. K3 and Outcasts have some strong lists there as well.

That being said, with what I expect will get released between now and the Immortals 2016, I think the changes to the MTI document will govern what's meta-hot. Changes to Ancient Secretes might make Dragyri and Brood less interesting, though I think both Air Caste and Brood have some options regardless. If Lynette and the kitties and/or Mololi drop, that makes Salt Nomads also quite interesting.

Eh, I'm not too concerned with what the meta is. It'll let me know what I need to prepare to face (assuming I know of it - that's tough with only three DA players locally, including myself), but it's not going to influence my list building - just my tactics when the battle starts.

The meta in any game is definitely interesting to track, seeing what people are looking at and why.

It seemed like Extreme Damage was going to be the thing going into Gencon, alternate deployment was also pretty high up on a lot of lists. But I was also surprised to see that even at 500 points there were a lot of low model count, high cost, "tanky" lists; even to the extreme of going up against a 4 model list with Father Johann and Raze. I think some of these caught a lot of people off-guard, such as an Ice Caste list that came in second.

This year there is a lot of buzz around weapon abilities and weapon ability counters, especially with some of the new Forsaken stuff. Of course newly released stuff will always be played a little more by people (not necessarily meta) but there is a significant opportunity I think a lot of the vets see in the new changes; namely that playing one of the "unchanged" factions offers some significant advantages. If it's at 500 points like last year I don't think I'll see a lot of surprises but if it is indeed at 750 I think there are a lot of lists that could cause a lot of trouble.

I can answer the first question with an affirmative location change. It's been posted on the FB page and a few sites. The Immortals tournament is now officially going to be held at CMON Expo instead of GenCon.

Quote Originally Posted by ronin8879 View Post
    I can answer the first question with an affirmative location change. It's been posted on the FB page and a few sites. The Immortals tournament is now officially going to be held at CMON Expo instead of GenCon.
    From the Facebook page, the only post I saw that indicated this was a post regarding the prize for the Nova MTI. Based on the Facebook attached CMON link, the prize does indicate that the MTI winner will get CMON Expo tickets:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/sama...5442381038079/

However, when you go to the Nova Open website it states the prize is a trip to Gencon Indy:
    "In the event of 18+ participants the winner will also receive a voucher for a plane ticket to GenCon 2015 to compete in our yearly Immortals tournament"
    http://www.novaopen.com/?page_id=8665

Also, when I look up CMON's website, it still lists the MTI prize as:
    "Prize Support: A plane ticket to Gen Con Indy as long as there are at least 24 contestants in the March to Immortality Tournament. Additional and alternative prize support will be available if less than 24 contestants enter."
    http://cmonexpo.com/gamingevents/dar...o-immortality/

Goddammit so much on the location change...

I can only afford to go to one big con a year, and the Immortals tournament was part of the reason I looked forward to GenCon the past couple years.