Where to start K3?

Hello there. I am going to be a new Dark Age player and I have decided to go with the space Aztecs, love the models and the fluff and the rules seem fun. Anyhoo, I have been trying to put together a 500 point list to purchase post crimbo once all the crimbo money is in

I was wanting to focus on rituals and bio-energy and have a priest/some priests buff the rest of my army whilst chucking fiery suns about. To this end I have created a few lists, I'll explain my thinking behind each and would super appreciate some community feedback as to whether it would work or not.

3 x Devoted Priest – 105
    2 x Harvesters – 90
    2 x Balam – 140
    2 x Honoured Dead – 150

Pretty straight forward, use the harvesters and balams to long range hobble weaker enemies then hoover up with harvest the weak. Meanwhile the priests that aren't on hoover duty will be linked to the honoured dead in the hope that their spray will take out some enemies. Once that is done use all the bio energy to provide buffs to my army. Rinse and repeat.

War Priest – 65
    Harvester – 45
    2 x Balam – 140
    2 x Honoured Dead – 150
    Honour Guard – 100

Same as above. But with one big priest instead of three little ones. Dropping two priests allows the inclusion of a big heavy hitter in the honour guard., probably necessary as otherwise there is no CC in the army.

War Priest – 65
    2 x Honoured Dead – 100
    Supreme War Captain – 110
    3 x Devoted Priest – 105
    Ah'Chu'Kuk – 120

The pair of big guys (the supreme war captain and ah'ch'kuk) march up field being ritual linked by the devoted priests whilst the war priest generates himself 2 bio energy a turn. Spam buffs and throw fire.

War Priest – 65
    2 x Honoured Dead – 100
    Quetzol – 140
    2 x Warriors – 70
    Ah'Chu'Kuk – 120

War Priest does as beore as well as able to link to quetzol or ah'chu, warriors hang back to keep him safe. Quetzol just wades about smashing things to generate his own bio-energy and linking himself.

Are these all terrible lists? Did I get some of right? Thanks in advance guys.

I think you more or less get the gist of K3. Any of those would make decent starting forces and K3 can be a lot of fun to play.

If I were to pick off your lists, I'd probably pick list #2. Honor Guard with Extreme damage is your big threat and helps you deal with the opponent's big threat. I'm a fan of template weapons (SP) so Honored Dead can be very useful if you can keep them alive. I'd probably want to see more lowbies in the mix, more Warriors and Harvesters etc., but you can't have everything at 500.

Otherwise Quetzol is my absolute favorite K3 model but to field him you have to give up a lot at 500. Supreme War Captain can be a Quetzol-lite for a list but you also can't have too many big things in the same list - personally I have a hard time fitting in Ah'chu in lists under 750. It's also very difficult for me to play K3 without a War Priest; those 2 free BE a turn really add up. And you don't "have" to do 3 Devoted Priests... adding 1 into a list that already has a War Priest is fine and it gives you another body to cast with.

Also, if you get really into the "meta" of a faction and that helps you form your lists, you should be aware of the current playtesting going on with K3. A number of their abilities may be retooled and might not work exactly as they do now so just be wary of that before taking advantage of any specific combo.

The playtest can be found on the Dark Age Facebook group:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/samariainashes

Not sure I like where they are going with those playtest rules. I dig the streamlining of Bio-Energy but not happy with how the rituals are changing. From area effect to squadlink and less buffs.

Turns out I can't fit ah'chu either. Those lists came to 550 Apparently I cant add.

War Priest – 65
    Quetzol – 140
    3 x Warriors – 105
    Living Ancestor - 85
    2 x Harvester

Here's a list with a lot of little guys, lots of BE and one big hitter in quetzol. I'm liking this one now.

I am just waiting for the official rules for Kukulkani to be published so I can use my almost 2k point faction.

The official rules are published.

http://www.dark-age.com/Downloads/Ca...niCards2.0.pdf
    http://dark-age.com/Downloads/Rules/Kukulkani2015.2.pdf

Just because the playtest rules are in development doesn't prevent you using the existing, live, rules for the faction.