monthly model discussions?

Hey ho. Just started playing and the monthly model discussions are awesome. A great help to new blood. How come they stopped?
    A llittle tactics article on every piece in the game would be awesome and a great help to anyone looking at the hobby. I plan to throw my 2 cents in about kukulkani just as soon as I have a vit of battlwfield experience

There is very little activity on the forum as of late, and most of the discussion has moved to the facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sama...group_activity

I don't think it would be a bad idea though to start it up again, perhaps on the Facebook page.

As a side note, since you're a K3 fan I did an article on Quetzol you might like. Additionally Coitlai and Cabrakan made my "lesser" top 10 list and War Priest made my regular top ten list. There isn't too many other K3 models that I think would make for an interesting article... Balam perhaps? Honor Guard?

I'd go for a less obvious choice like Honoured Dead. HG at least is fairly straightforward in his use, and I'd save Balam for when the playtest stuff is finalised, since they're, very sadly, not great in the current live rules, whilst the playtest rules are shaping up to make them much more viable.

I have digested everything on the forums. It has been wonderfully helpful. Switched a quetzol in, in place of the supreme commander in my list on your recommendation. Did not regret that but remembering to ritual link him to himself would have been handy. I would love to get some insight on War Priests. Mine just sat in the middle of the table maintaining Gravatic Blessing and that regeneration one.

Is there any reason everyone has moved over to the FB page? For discussions about games and rules and tactics and painting and etc... a forum is a million times more useful than an FB page.

Maybe cross-posting is the way to go. Forums beat Social Media pages hands down when it comes to archiving. Post an article here and cross-post it on FB?

Regarding War Priest, that's kind of what he does. He's 2 free BE a round, simply the best BE generator you're going to get for K3. Keep him safe, keep him pumping out the rituals, keep him far away from anything that might kill him.

Also, just because he's the one who "earns" the BE, doesn't mean he has to be the one to spend it. For something like Regeneration, I find it much better to use up Quetzol's casting slot by maintaining Regeneration (using the BE earned from the War Priest) then using it on War Priest, because chances are Quetzol's going to be up in the action, and War Priest isn't.

Keep in mind the danger then is also the "sniping" potential for your enemy. Round 2 is really your danger zone as this is when your enemy should drop in 'Assassinate' or 'Gliding Deployment' models to kill your War Priest. Doing this before K3 really starts getting rolling is one of the best ways to beat them, and something you need to plan for.

My personal BE usage strat @ 750:
    Round 1 = 2 BE [Use 1 for extra HP on War Priest.]

Round 2 = 1+2 (+1?) BE [Sometimes I am able to get an extra BE round 1 or 2, If I do I cast Regeneration on Quetzol (and maintainit).
    Otherwise I put fortitude on him.]

Round 3 = 2 Round [My goal is to get 2+ BE above and beyond what War Priest gives me. This let's me put Fortitude and
    Regeneration on Quetzol by Round 3. Keep in mind this trick is going away but it is currently very effective.]

Order of BE spent next by priority:
    1. Save up 3 BE for Void Road.
    2. Other Technomancy models BESIDES Quetzol get +1 HP
    3. 2-3 BE for a Quake/Ritual Link/Harvest combo