What's the smallest force you've fielded?

I pulled out my Outcasts book recently, and I've started mulling the idea of a Salt Flat Nomads army. The list I have in mind would have only six minis - quite a change from the 17 models in the Blood Cult force I have now, to the point where I'm wondering if it's a viable idea.

So I'm curious - what's the smallest force you've fielded in Dark Age, at the 750 point level? How did it work out?

While it is not my personal cup of tea, there is a history of success with some minimum count armies.

In 2013, the Immortal Semi-finalist Curtis Shoemake fielded Mean Jellybean, Numbskull, and two/ Sawblade, losing only to Hoj's insane Mongo list at 500 points. Bobby Limoggi's 500 point Metamorphosis has only Father Johann, Raze, Bone Doc and Saber... it's pretty scary and has had quite a bit of success as well.

At 750, I think minimum count might be a tad bit trickier. Here, the Activation Bleed might be a bit more intense, for example the 2 tournament lists I'm considering currently have 9-12 activations which means it's possible to have a train of 4-7 activations left over after you're done activating your six.

The theory still works however and the main thing is in maximizing the potential of a few models and limiting the ability of your opponent to score points off of kills. However, there is little room for ineffective points I think when you do this and I'd be really curious to see why your Salt Nomad list has so few models in it, especially since it is so easy to fit a couple extra models inside an Outcast list (and the high cost models are usually not worth it).

Oh it's certainly possible to have more minis. I just like the idea of the few taking on the many and winning. The question I'm asking myself is if the second part is possible.

But anyways, this isn't really about my list. I'm just curious about other peoples' stories with a "quality over quantity" list.

What I was sort of inferring is a "it depends." With Salt Nomads for example, one of the only Mathimatically ways I can see for filling 750 points with only 6 models is:
    1 Captain Flay, 1 Kane, 1 Durshe, 1 Mongo, 1 Caravan Keeper (or other 100 point model). Against the unexperienced, I feel a list like this will do very well however I feel like a 6 model count in 750 is a bit forces and, this list particularly, would likely struggle in a tournament.

I find it really hard to design anything below an 8 model count at 750, since most factions have a lot of good options at 75 points or less, and the 8 model count armies I've played at this level (Fire Caste: Rath+elemental list, Mounted Saint Mark List, etc.) have had mixed results but usually don't work well against opponents who know how to play against them.

Fire Caste is my best example as, since my opponent also had a bruiser (Father Johann) but many more activations than I had, he was able to bleed me out of activations and then charge my Fire Elemental with little fear of reprisal. Once one of my models went down, the overall effectiveness of the army drops dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Never Knows Best View Post
    What I was sort of inferring is a "it depends." With Salt Nomads for example, one of the only Mathimatically ways I can see for filling 750 points with only 6 models is:
    1 Captain Flay, 1 Kane, 1 Durshe, 1 Mongo, 1 Caravan Keeper (or other 100 point model). Against the unexperienced, I feel a list like this will do very well however I feel like a 6 model count in 750 is a bit forces and, this list particularly, would likely struggle in a tournament.

I find it really hard to design anything below an 8 model count at 750, since most factions have a lot of good options at 75 points or less, and the 8 model count armies I've played at this level (Fire Caste: Rath+elemental list, Mounted Saint Mark List, etc.) have had mixed results but usually don't work well against opponents who know how to play against them.

Fire Caste is my best example as, since my opponent also had a bruiser (Father Johann) but many more activations than I had, he was able to bleed me out of activations and then charge my Fire Elemental with little fear of reprisal. Once one of my models went down, the overall effectiveness of the army drops dramatically.
    Here's the list:

-The Bladelord (150)
    -Kane (125)
    -Moonless Night (150)
    -Hands of War (2) (200)
    -Dishonored (100)

Total: 725 Points

At Adepticon I was asked what lists I thought worked best for the Salt Nomads. The answer I gave was that I thought Salt Nomads had 2 really strong lists. The first is what I called a "Menagerie List." Basically, utilize as much of the raw power of the Salt Nomad's beasts as you dare and make sure you protect your herders.

The other list I described was an "Honor Seeker List," models that generate as many Vengeance counters as possible, although I told them I've yet to play that type of Salt Nomad list yet. You'll have to post on how well it does.