Looking for advice: generic Outcasts and Bounty Hunters

Howdy. Ive flirted with this game for 5 odd years, with maybe half a dozen demos in that time. Finally picked up some generic Outcasts and Bounty Hunters. Wondering if there is some good, current articles on them, or anyone willing to give some starter tips and good things to own for a handful of decent, fun 1K lists.
    I'm a wastelands warrior and I'm OK, I work all night and I sleep all day!

1k point lists open up the playbook quite a bit, to the point where it starts becoming a conversation of what you won't use. Still, hopefully you find the below pretty useful.

Outcast

Fixer: it's a must-field model for Outcast, he's simply too useful to not include. In 1000 points you can actually field 2 however you absolutely should buy at least one.

Ranged Support: The staple of any good Outcast list is a mix of a decent number of Scuts and Wasteland Warriors. If you get 3 of the former and 3-6 of the latter you won't regret it.

After that you really want to try and focus on what you want your army to do. Wasteland Warriors and Scuts alone provide a decent amount of ranged harass, and Wasteland Warriors pull ability is great for pulling enemy models into range. After the above picks, I tend to like a Bruiser list, which means I favor:

Mongo, Oz, Pit Fighters, Brute/Brute Pusher

Still, you may prefer more of a gunline approach and then you are looking at:

Hoj/Warchief, Happy Hour, Bully

Bounty Hunter

Picking Bounty Hunters a lot of times comes down to preference and really, almost all of them are really good so I'll go over just the ones I tend to pick a lot.

Old Ma: Old Ma is probably my favorite and one of the highest ranged damage dealers in the game. The bleed and ED (2) ranged are a nightmare to play against and the Outcast have enough Superior Maintenance to keep her gun from blowing up (remember, Fixer).

John Carter: John Carter is one of the all-around best Bounty Hunters (go figure, since he also won Immortals). Highly mobile, hard to kill, and with a number of versatile attacks good at pinning down enemy models.

Phadras + Maximo: Whenever I want to just up the damage and staying power of a list I have, I add Phadras and Max. Lots of HP and lots of attacks and tricks for a fairly inexpensive price tag.

Lucky: Others use her a lot more than I do but for ranged utility, she is a great pick. Blind can be useful, especially if you pair her with Happy Hour.

Hey, thanks man.

Maybe 1K is too big? I'm playing 50 right now, but I'd like to have a plan to expand out fairly rapidly. It might help to list what I have, yeah?

Currently own:
    Hoj
    generic Warlord
    Mongo
    manhunter

5x wasteland warriors
    2x bullies
    8x scuts
    1x brute

Nathaniel
    Orchid
    Xcess

I definitely plan to add more brutes and a fixer. I also definitely plan to pick up Lucky, Dedlock, and Cesspool (the ranged game just seems very strong so far). I'll certainly take another look at Old Ma and John Carter. Captain Flay was another point of interest for me too.

I dreamed up a silly brute list, even, that I might make purchases toward. No idea whether it's any good.
    Mongo's Brute Force. 1K
    Mongo
    2x brute pushers
    6x brutes
    2x brute anchors

I could see cutting 1-2 brutes for warriors (to drag victims in). And I would not feel terrible owning, say, 4 brutes instead of 6.

Quote Originally Posted by paradox View Post
    Maybe 1K is too big?
    Not at all, in fact one of my favorite games was very, very large (3k vs. 3k). My only point was that, at 1000 points or larger, Dark Age becomes less about what you play and more how you play it. With 1000 points, you can pretty much field anything whereas at 750 and especially at 500 listbuilding becomes much tighter and you have to make some difficult decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by paradox View Post
    Mongo's Brute Force. 1K
    Mongo
    2x brute pushers
    6x brutes
    2x brute anchors
    Having played a couple Dark Age tournaments myself, I can tell you that I feel that Extreme Damage models with reroll (cabal) feels very powerful right now. And since ranged in Dark Age just recently got a little more powerful, Deflection is fairly useful as well. So yes, I feel you are headed in a good direction.

One of my favorite things about Dark Age is list creation so forgive me if I go into your list a bit. Below is how I would tweak it a bit and some notes

Generic Brute Outcast
    1000 points

1 Hoj
    1 Mongo
    1 Brute Pusher
    3 Brute
    1 Fixer
    3 Wasteland Warrior
    3 Scut
    1 Lucky

Notes:

Number of Brutes: Keep in mind, at [2] 500, 4 is the most Brutes you can field at 1000. When I really like a model, for me the Forsaken Skylancer is a good example, there is a danger in wanting to field too many and overspecialize. I feel like ~3 Brutes is just enough for you to accomplish what you want.

Hoj + WW + Scut: For just about every other model, I included ranged AP denial. While your bruisers are marching forward, it makes it that much easier to chase down your target. Scuts can forward deploy which will make it much easier to capture objectives and Wasteland Warriors' "Pull" will help prevent your enemy from doing the same.

Lucky: Regardless of which direction you decide to go, you should take a long, hard look at Lucky. Not only will she be useful giving "Inspiring" but "Blind" is a perfect complement to your Brutes that are a little high on the Def stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Never Knows Best View Post
    Number of Brutes: Keep in mind, at [2] 500, 4 is the most Brutes you can field at 1000.
    The PDF cards show that the pusher increases this to [4] 500 for brutes, and [2] 500 for anchors.

Lucky: Regardless of which direction you decide to go, you should take a long, hard look at Lucky. Not only will she be useful giving "Inspiring" but "Blind" is a perfect complement to your Brutes that are a little high on the Def stat.
    Definitely. She looks amazing. Possibly borderline broken, because I feel like there is no reason not to take her at her current cost.