Help with Miscasts! (Also called "Why I hate resin")

Hi guys

So a big order came in today. Of the 5 resin models I ordered, EVERY SINGLE ONE has miscast parts. I'm going to have to resculpt at least one part on every single one. Aaaand this is why I hate resin and think it is much inferior in quality to metal.

Is there anything CMON does/can do about this? Do they send replacement parts? Or something? I really, like, REALLY (like gonna barf if I have to) don't want to do all this resculpting. It's going to take me hours and hours of more work when I could've just been painting...

If possible, do you have which models and/or pictures of them? It maybe just me, but I've had a lot of luck with the resin models and Dark Age resin models have seemed to have worked out awesome compared to some of the other games I've experienced so that's why I'd be a little surprised.

That being said, there are a few known culprits. There are some tweaks and work arounds to some of them (I've had success with the Fire Caste Resin ones that were a little wobbly) and for everything else there is Cmon support. But again, post yours and we might be able to save you a few steps.

Hi Never

Yes indeed! Here are the worst offenders. The worst parts are on the Core Banshee. The others are on the Tallmen. The problems on Mongo aren't that bad.

Banshee butt is entirely missing lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161006_220134.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	1481

Backpack fan is so thin it's like tissue paper, and lumpy

Name:	20161006_220147.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	1482

Backpack top entirely missing the molding/filigree

Name:	20161006_220158.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	1483

Tallman gun unfinished bar

Name:	20161006_220240.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	1484

Both Tallman backpack pieces are just...mangled...

Name:	20161006_220422.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	1485

Name:	20161006_220433.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	1486
    Last edited by stargorger; 10-07-2016 at 03:43 AM.

The Banshee bit is the most odd. I do know that one of the jetpack pieces does actually end up 'on' her butt so I wonder if this is a newer mold that's supposed to have a fitting piece. Either way, that's probably worth chucking back to customer service for a replacement. As for the jetpack itself, I didn't notice any big issues. Even if you get a replacement, it won't be perfectly straight but I've had a lot of success by following the advice of holding a piece like that in very hot water for a while (the resin becomes quite pliable then), pulling it out and "straightening" the pieces I want until they cool. It usually sets really well after that and if not you can repeat the process.

As for the tallman, it's hard when comparing to mine exactly what is off. I know the piece is suppose to be a cylinder with sort of a floodlight shoulder mounting or something. So the "backpacks" might be closer than you think or else I can't tell by the picture. As for the gun, the only hope I see outside replacement is if you can fit a thin paperclip wire in that grove. Otherwise, pictures+bugging customer support usually yields pretty decent results.

Hi Never

Well, I ended up spending this morning resculpting her butt and backpack anyway lol. I've done a lot of sculpting myself (from scratch) so, thankfully I know what I'm doing, it was just time consuming (and disappointing).

The Tallman problem is the 'flanges' or vent thing on the top of the floodlight was like, eaten-out on both. I've ended up resculpting those too. In the future though perhaps I will just contact customer support. But thank you

Yeah, sorry I wasn't more help. I think you got some bad luck as those aren't the typical offenders like the Thumper or Fire Caste pole arms are.