New person questions

I just started Dark Age a few weeks ago and there are a few questions I have.
    1. If your AS is reduced to 0 can you still make an attack? And can your AS ever be reduced below 0 if you can?
    2. When making a template attack (SP or ST) and you aim do you get the bonus against one model targeted, the primary target, or all of the targets?
    3. Does an attack that is used while engaged and has the point blank rule ignore prone?
    4. Does smoke if used in round 1 disappear in round 1 lingering effects phase or round 2 lingering effects phase?
    Thanks for any help anyone can give me

1. I'm not sure if it is official, but I usually play that negatives take off the TN of the attack itself. But no, not below zero. You can still make the attack at zero, a 1 is an auto-hit after all.

2. No point in getting a bonus on the other models. Wherever the blast template ultimately lands, all the models under the template suffer an automatic hit. This means that technically you can "hit" a model you actually missed the roll on.

3. No, but a point blank is still a "ranged attack" so the defender actually will get a prone bonus (and not the attacker).

4. It's the next lingering effects, so if used in round 1 it goes away in round 1 (keep in mind, for some Smoke this is actually rolled for and does not go away automatically. Always make sure to defer to the card.)

Thanks for the help.
    Question 2 is about aiming with sprays and streams not blasts. If you know anything about that it would be a great help.

Quote Originally Posted by Englishdude View Post
    Thanks for the help.
    Question 2 is about aiming with sprays and streams not blasts. If you know anything about that it would be a great help.
    From page 28 in the Core Rule book, regarding ST/SP attacks: "select a target... Only the attack roll against the target may malfunction or gain the benefits of aiming."