Skarrd spell combos

My friends and I, because tribal father never sees any play otherwise, allow generic Skarrd to choose psychogenics from any one sub-faction, choosing which sub-faction to align with only once psychogenic selection time comes around. Obviously, this doesn't bring generic up to par with any of the sub-factions, but does mean that they aren't strictly worse, and makes it so the tribal father isn't completely overshadowed by the named fathers. However, we were thinking of, in our house games, letting the generic Skarrd choose any combination of psychogenics they want. I was wondering, what pg combos would be a threat? what would you pick? Is there a combo that breaks the game? thank you all in advance for your suggestions.

You don't have to have a Cult model to play a Cult. In other words, you could have an all generic army and just say "I'm playing Blood Cult" and take Generic and Blood psychogenics. You can only play one cult at a time, so you can't play all the spells in one game like you think, but I've seen people take generic factions to a tournament and each game declare they are playing something different as the situation dictated.

Ok, I thought i made it pretty clear that
    A: The way we had been playing it where you may pick from any ONE sub-faction's list during psychogenics selection is a house rule. this is also 100% identical for skarrd as what you experienced with people taking generic factions to a tournament and each game declare they are something different, (which, btw, is NOT tournament legal "• Sub-Factions are chosen as part of Forcelist creation. Once chosen, a Forcelist must keep the same Sub-Faction for the entirety of the event.")
    B: we know you can play generic and don't have to pick a subfaction. For outcasts and brood, there is very well a reason you might choose to do so. for Forsaken, there is no reason but it doesn't really matter since you still have reasons to take any given generic model. For skarrd, there is a model (the tribal father) that has no niche because generic is strictly worse for them, and his slot is taken by the much more powerful subfaction specific fathers, so being able to pick which psychogenics subfaction after the fact (like you saw someone do at a tournament) is our very limited fix.
    C: So we wanted to test out just letting generics pick any combo of psychogenics, but this is a much larger more dangerous house rule, so we need to test what combinations could be potentially problematic. If there are none, this would also benefit from the fact that it makes the game options more varied and interesting, adds a whole new subfaction much closer to on par with the others. An insular group like mine would take a while to test something like that, so i was wondering what ideas people had for IF tribal doctor could take any psychogenics combination, what combos would they go for?

There are a few problems to this. The first would be repeat spells that are intentionally spread across the cults. Such as Metamorphosis having "Energize" and Blood having "Blood Rush," both granting extra AP. Another would be that, theoretically, even though you are playing "generic" you could have models that belong to all 3 cults, as each Cult has a spell to do so.

The main benefit to "generic" is the flexibility to pick which cult it belongs to each game. Aside from that however, it is inherently at a disadvantage simply by not being able to draw upon a larger pool of models.

You can feel free to house rule this all you want but, as a suggestion, Skarrd are due for an update really shortly. At that time (and even before hand), I personally have never played just generic Skarrd, as it is too useful to be able to pick one or two of the cult models.

ok, yeah, these are types of combos i was asking about. Also, as i pointed out before, generic skarrd don't get to pick which cult it belongs to each game normally (though we have always house ruled it so it can)

"• Sub-Factions are chosen as part of Forcelist creation. Once chosen, a Forcelist must keep the same Sub-Faction for the entirety of the event."

thanks for the feedback!