ROF and "attacks"

Here's a question we've had pop up with the 2017 rules at the last game night. I was asked to find an official answer.
    I'll compile the rules we found relevant below. Basically, the question was whether a firestorm could activate and use its ST attack, and then still make a Reaction Strike later that turn with the SP. Or whether the firestorm could do 1 ST and 1 SP attack during the same activation. Or whether the RF1 on the ST attack meant that if you used the ST you were done for attacks and Reaction Strikes that turn.

The argument put forth was that because Selective Fire says "[i]f an attack with Selective Fire can be used multiple times in a round, a different profile may be used each time the attack is selected," and Making an Attacks says "[c]hoose which Assault Group you would like the model to use each time the model is making an attack . . . . Once you have chosen the attacks being made in the Assault Group, check the Rate of Fire of each attack. You may not use an attack more times per game round than its Rate of Fire," that you can SP2 and ST1 in a turn, because per the definitions and rules, each profile checks the RF of that profile, an the AG as a whole has a RF*. The player would like the devs to parse the language on how they wrote this.

Card
    [1] Flamethrower
    •Fire
    •Victimize
    AG#1 AS6 RF* PW4x2 RN* MAL17 [*] Spray.....2.............SP
    Reaction Strike [*] Stream...1.............ST

REACTION STRIKE: Once per round, when an enemy comes within range of this attack, this model may perform this attack for free against that enemy. This free attack occurs before charge attacks are resolved.

Pg 27
    "8. ASSAULT GROUP (AG): The various types of attacks a model can perform. If a specific attack has any, its Weapon Abilities will be listed under each type. For more on Weapon Abilities, see the relevant section later in this book."

Pg 40
    "HOW TO MAKE AN ATTACK
    The following rules apply, in the listed order, to all Attacks made in Dark Age.
    SELECT ASSAULT GROUP
    Attacks are separated into Assault Groups, marked on the Stat Card as AG #1, AG #2, etc. Choose which Assault Group you would like the model to use each time the model is making an attack. You may make an attack with any or all of the attack types found within the Assault Group. Once you have chosen the attacks being made in the Assault Group, check the Rate of Fire of each attack. You may not use an attack more times per game round than its Rate of Fire."

Pg 41
    "SELECTIVE FIRE ASSAULT GROUPS
    Sometimes an assault group will have multiple ways it can be used to generate attacks. These are known as Selective Fire assault groups. When you select an attack with Selective Fire to be used, you must choose one of the profiles listed below the attack name; that is the profile that will be used for the attack. If an attack with Selective Fire can be used multiple times in a round, a different profile may be used each time the attack is selected. Note that sometimes a Selective Fire attack will have weapon abilities listed under the primary attack and its different additional profiles. In these cases the abilities listed under the primary attack are conferred to all the profiles, while the abilities listed under its different profiles are only active when that profile is being selected."
    Last edited by paradox; 05-26-2017 at 06:29 PM.
    I'm a wastelands warrior and I'm OK, I work all night and I sleep all day!

A Firestorm could fire a total of 3 times per round, once with the stream attack and twice with the Spray. As long as the model has RF left for the Spray, meaning as long as it has only fired the Spray attack once, it can still use it in a Reaction Strike.