Outcasts: Frenzied vs Pit Fighters

Hi Outcast player

If I'm looking at some melee 50 point models which would you advise. Pit Fighters or The Frenzied?

Both seem to have their positives but the frenzied seem to be a lot harder hitting while the pit fighters are maybe a little more survivable?

Any Thoughts would be appreciated

The two models serve very different purposes in a Slaver list so it is hard to compare them.

Frenzied are the Dark Age equivalent to a hand grenade. They are there for you to pull the pin (sedated), throw them at the enemy, and hopefully get a Horrible Death. You could run them en masse but I find having just one does fine and this way you do not need to include Bonner.

Pit Fighters are really solid melee models. They hit hard and have decent survivability. However, how you build ultimately dictates what works best at this level. For example, I tend to focus on range with Outcast so Wasteland Warriors usually get my 40 point slots. Others might play more of a swarm style and use Chain Gangers to get the body count up. But if your focus is melee and you want a midrange troop to sneak up or flank, there are few better.

Thanks Never Knows Best

If I want to stick with generic Outcasts would you go with Brutes or Pit Fighters for Melee Models?

Thanks for all of the advice!

Thanks Never Knows Best

If I want to stick with generic Outcasts would you go with Brutes or Pit Fighters for Melee Models?

Thanks for all of the advice!

Just based on the brievity of what you've said so far, I feel like you would like a list with both Brutes and Pit Fighters. If it were me I'd try to take Hoj, Lucky/Happy Hour and Wasteland Warriors in such a list, as an example.