Questions on the Squadlink rule

I have a question about the Squadlink rule. As I read it when you Squadlink you have to activate the model you are using the Squadlink with first. Example would be Sister of Charity and Buzzblades. If you wanted to have the Sister of Charity Squadlink wth the Buzzblades wouldn't you have to activate her first or am I missing something in the rules? I'm been watching some DarkAge games on YouTube and it doesn't seem to be happening this way.

How old are the videos? There was a new rules set this year. Squadlink now works kind of like a "bubble," rather than a "chain."
    First, you select a model to lead the squadlink.
    Then, you select the models the chosen model will squad link with. Additional models must each be within 4" of the model you first selected.
    Each squadlinking model will activate in turn, but you must first activate the first model selected.

In your case, where you have a sister and some buzzblades, assuming you are using the sister as your selected model, all buzzblades will have to be within 4" of the sister, and the sister will have to activate first. Alternatively, you could have a buzzblade lead off. All models in the squadlink would have to be within 4" of it, and it would have to activate first.

See pg 38 of the PDF:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/coerwzu8bo...s_Web.pdf?dl=0
    I'm a wastelands warrior and I'm OK, I work all night and I sleep all day!

All of the videos I watched were pretty new (within the last 6 months). I thought that was how it worked but just wanted to make sure. So in the example listed above is the buzzblade leaded off the Sister would not activate with the squad correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Disposable Hero View Post
    All of the videos I watched were pretty new (within the last 6 months). I thought that was how it worked but just wanted to make sure. So in the example listed above is the buzzblade leaded off the Sister would not activate with the squad correct?
    Both Buzzblades and the sister of charity have a squadlink value of "Buzzblades (4)" so you can have up to 4 models activate in the squad link. That can be the sister and 3 buzzblades, or 4 buzzblades.

Suppose you have buzzblades A-D and a sister. If the sister leads the squadlink, you can select up to 3 buzzblades within 4" of her to join the squadlink. The sister activates first.
    If instead you choose, say, buzzblade C, you can choose up to 3 other models to join that squadlink. Those models can be any model in 4" of buzzblade C that has the "Buzzblade" squadlink word. So you could choose the sister and two other buzzblades, but buzzblade C still activates first.
    I'm a wastelands warrior and I'm OK, I work all night and I sleep all day!