Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    awakeneddragon

Internal Conflicts

As I was thinking of the current uneven development of the Factions, and about the projection of the upcoming books, I had a thought:

As it doesn't seem to be talked about much, are there internal conflicts within the Factions?

I mean, would there, at least within storylines, be conflict between, say, the elemental casts of the Dragyri (friendly competition) or the churches of the Forsaken (differences in semantics)? Perhaps such conflict wouldn't see actual combat (no Forsaken vs. Forsaken on the table-top), but as a part of a living, breathing story-universe for DA I think it would be great: Personalities usually rub along group lines. I cannot imagine the Saints getting along very well with each other, nor their flocks mingling very well, even if they have a lot in common.

It'll be great to see how DA develops as a whole!

Oh, for sure. If I remember correctly, we did a piece before where Mark and John had a little confrontation. Basically, right after Mark got back from losing his entire army fighting the Dragyri, John was waiting for him at the Prevailer Council, knowing that Mark will come back to request more troops, and they had words... But yes, of course. These Saints are not best friends, in fact, they are pretty much all out for themselves. While they will band together to fight all the external elements. At the end of the day, it is all about themselves.

The forcebooks are structured in such a way that we use one Forsaken army vs some other army, because as a story, we see most things in the Forsaken's eyes...
    "We are not here to make history, we are here to change the future!"

awakeneddragon
    (^_ -)b I thought I'd seen a bit more open conflict somewhere!

I know you guys have a TON on your plate, but maybe plucking those more salient (still valid) bits from the old forum and grafting them into the new one would be great! (It was cool logging into the old forum to snag private messages, by the way!) It seems wasteful to let good info moulder in an archive when it is still vital to DA as a whole \(^. ^)/

Or would you post such pieces at the main site?

As it is, I find myself still running searches in the old site (here's a gem!)

Remeber also that there are FOUR Forsaken factions that we saw with the old rules/forum. St. Mark. St. Luke. St. Mary and the Pevailers. The Prevailers are using the other factions as an excuse to redirect the energy of the Saints. At least that was in the learlier fluff. So basically fights betweeen Saints and Prevailers would be more than justified. Also St. Johan fought with his fellow saints before he fell and became Skarrd.

The real question is will there be a faction based on the patron saint of Georgia, St. Cletus?

Kyle, shame on you...you forgot St John, He of the Mighty Hammer!

...which makes 5 Forsaken factions.

awakeneddragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle
    St. Cletus
    (^. ^;) This name always reminds me of the Simpsons...

Anyway, looks like I'll do more forum diving! ...Prevailers...isn't that nifty...

Please take notice that those lists belong to the old version of the rules... so they are not to be used under the new system... use them for "fluff" purposes

Andres

Cain
    Also St. Johan fought with his fellow saints before he fell and became Skarrd
    So St Johan is considered a Skarrd?? I new he was like another version of Frankenstine, but a Skarrd (Kinda reminds me of that news about the lead singer of Judas Priest, who knew?? )

AwakenedDragon makes a good point...I could see the Dragyri crushing each others skulls to gain honor points.. And the Skarrd it would take a Father of high influence to keep the different Skarrd tribes from eating each other on bad day. Brood, well I can't see the Blackmere allowing her children to kill each other...

St. Johan was the one who carried the "grafting" technology to the Skarrd... so he is totally Skarrd...

I can see Skarrd eating each others in a good day too... and the Brood Mere can always recicle "weaklings" in that "field tests" she performs

Andres