Cyinn

Want to get started

Ok I have been looking at the Dragyri for a long time (about 1 month). The minis are simply just WOW and the back story is pretty good as well.

Any tips as to getting started, I already special ordered the new rule book from my (N)LGS.

Welcome

The Dragyri have a fairly large arsenal. Just keep in mind that for every trueborn (ice elemental excluded) you need to field at least 3 slaves. My suggestion will be to start small, get a 300-500 point army going and then adjust and add/swap out units for variety.

I would start with something like a Death's Device, a unit of 2 trueborn like Soul Searcher, or whatever to your liking, 9 slaves, that's 300 points give and take, and then keep adding to your force.

My point is, 3 trueborns and 9 slaves can be painted up failry fast and you can start playing. Once you get a few games under your belt, you will be ready to switch out one unit for another, add Soul Warden/Ice Elemental. Getting started is the key!
    "We are not here to make history, we are here to change the future!"

Quote Originally Posted by DA_Grafter
    My point is, 3 trueborns and 9 slaves can be painted up failry fast and you can start playing.
    Snazzafrazzy fast painters, bane of my life :P ......... I would suggest starting with 300 pts and build up one unit at a time. You'll need 2-3 blisters of Slaves, then maybe a DD or FB, with Trueborn support from a couple of SS or Wails.

Once you get a few games under your belt, you will be ready to switch out one unit for another, add Soul Warden/Ice Elemental. Getting started is the key!
    By the time you have 300 pts of Dragyri done, you'll be ready to start your Pud addiction, and split your efforts into the Brood as well!!

Welcome to the addiction, leave your Puds at the door, and watch out for the Inmates
    100% Irons