Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
RPG? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: RPG?

Vertigo Jones
    Skaard could maybe be playable, I'd say they come in varying degrees of Psychosis/wierdness.

the skaard are definately deranged.. mutations have taken them over the edge of normaliyt.. psychosis, paranoia, schizoidism, and any number of what would be considered mutations, be they physical, mental, psychic, or otherwise..

the sky is the limit with these monstrosities of what were once human.. and are now nothing more than debased freaks where genetics has taken a back seat to unatural law..

Hasimir
    Skarrd are as unplayable as the demons of the Hellraiser saga would be...or the Reavers from the Firefly TV-Series

actually hasimir, i was suggesting just teh opposite, that skaard are so easily adaptable to any system as their abilities can be explained in more than one way.. magical, mental, mutation, extra-terrestrial.. goodness, they can be pretty much anything in any type of system..

Hasimir
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger
    actually hasimir, i was suggesting just teh opposite, that skaard are so easily adaptable to any system as their abilities can be explained in more than one way.. magical, mental, mutation, extra-terrestrial.. goodness, they can be pretty much anything in any type of system..
    Oh ... ... ...

Well, I agree that a Skarrd "character" could be adapted to any rule-system...but as a NPC.
    They are, I think, almost totally unplayable as a normal PC because they lack any kind of social/moral/psychik structure that we can cope with.

Put a Skarrd character into "any" non-skarrd environment and it will sistematically rend it down at the best of its abilities...with brute force or mental powers or toxin-diffusion or whichever means he has.
    Skarrd even do this when putted into a Skarrd environment!

Out of the whole Skarrd army there are just one or two characters that, being Unique & Uber-Powerful, manage to live among this cannibalistic bunch retaining some SEMBLANCE of sanity and coherent behavioural patterns...and that is just because they:
    1) are NOT born skarrd, they just joined-in
    2) they are suck killing machines that they manage to keep the other "beasts" away from them

If Skarrd were some kind of "desert people" with their own "peculiar traditions & culture" they may have been a viable option for a Player-Character.
    But they are not that way...they are freaks, madmans, beasts, sadistic psychos, drooling berzerks, etc.

Other forces have a chance of beating then JUST because they are disorganized and unable to exist in large communities...
    Just like Broods, they are "manageble" only thanks to their small numbers...

the nice thing about role playing is that you can make the character your own.. who is to say that skaard player isn't an outcast from his own society cause he won't eat cousin jed for dinner?

Hasimir
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger
    the nice thing about role playing is that you can make the character your own.. who is to say that skaard player isn't an outcast from his own society cause he won't eat cousin jed for dinner?
    Fine...the point is...you are not playing a Skarrd anymore :P

1) you are not "completely" mad, so you can actually PLAY your caracter according to your own free will

2) you are not "compulsively" cannibalistic, so you can relate with other people in terms other than /raw meat/

3) you are not "extremely" mutated, so you are not shooted-down on sight by other people

4) you are not "blatantly" grafted, so you are not burned-down for being an /heretic monster/

5) you "happen" to have somehow learned basic forsaken communication skills, so you can skip the <I ... not ... talk ... you ... lang..lanw..lanUage> thing, or avoid embarassment when you try to "mark" you territory peeing around -_-'

What is left then?
    I will call you < a savage human from the wastelands >
    Forsaken will call you < some sort of Outcast >
    Skarrd will call you < food >

Hey...it's "everyone's game" and you can do as you want
    But it is not fluff-compatible.

It's like playing D&D without levels, hit-points, classes and useing some house-rules for an alternative Armor system...it can even be better than the original, but I'm sure it is not D&D anymore

that might be from your perspective, but not mine, i can have a completely mad, compulsivley cannibalistic, extremely mutated, skaard and can still play him in a different manner. hmm, where in the fluff does it say all skaard are beyond their mortality.

it does not.. where does it say all forsaken follow religion? it does not. you see, i won't let the boxed walls of preconceived notion allow me or disallow me how to roleplay said character..

my point is that any game system especially role playing should not limit, but the opposite, allow for that missunderstood skaard or fallen forsaken or dragyri slave that wants to be a trueborn or .. see what i am getting at.. I am not knocking you or your ideas, just asking you to see it from a different angle.. one you might not have thought about before.. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hasimir

Fine...the point is...you are not playing a Skarrd anymore :P

1) you are not "completely" mad, so you can actually PLAY your caracter according to your own free will

2) you are not "compulsively" cannibalistic, so you can relate with other people in terms other than /raw meat/

3) you are not "extremely" mutated, so you are not shooted-down on sight by other people

4) you are not "blatantly" grafted, so you are not burned-down for being an /heretic monster/

5) you "happen" to have somehow learned basic forsaken communication skills, so you can skip the <I ... not ... talk ... you ... lang..lanw..lanUage> thing, or avoid embarassment when you try to "mark" you territory peeing around -_-'

What is left then?
    I will call you < a savage human from the wastelands >
    Forsaken will call you < some sort of Outcast >
    Skarrd will call you < food >

Hey...it's "everyone's game" and you can do as you want
    But it is not fluff-compatible.

It's like playing D&D without levels, hit-points, classes and useing some house-rules for an alternative Armor system...it can even be better than the original, but I'm sure it is not D&D anymore

Vertigo Jones
    "evil" chars can be a handful, but sometimes it works.
    I used to play in WHFRP game where all the players were followers of Chaos, one of them was a Skaven!
    I've GMed Cyberpunk games where (cos I always roll the characters) one of the players had complete Cyberpsychosis, the only ruling being that he had to try and kill as many people as possible, including the other players, without it being realised it was intentional, hard work, but ultimately, quite fun. So, Skaard are deranged incestuous cannibal lunatics? doesn't make them bad people.
    Ok, it does make them bad people, but not inaccesible.

Hasimir
    I think I just saw the Skarrd as "animals".
    They are not (at least SOME of them are not )...MmMmM...I still not sure about their ability to be played as regular characters, but I admit that now "I can see a light"