Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Major shows this year
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Major shows this year

We are confirmed to appear at the following shows this year:

Kublacon
    Origins
    GenCon Indy

Be sure to visit each site and sign up for any Dark Age eventswe are running at those shows! In addition to the wonderful evnts such as Rumbles, Tournaments and other extra fun surprises Grafter will be on hand in the Exhibitor Area with a Dark Age retail booth, chock full of DA goodness and whichever prerelease items we have on hand at each of the shows!

Keep on the lookout for local shows and venues closer to home, brought to you by our hard working Outcasts!

Keep on the lookout for local shows and venues closer to home
    With Origins only 30 miles away, it's hard to get much closer to home.

Sh*t! Events at origins! I completely forgot! I guess I will have to play in a Rumble at Origins, as my army will not be painted by then!
    Playing with my Puds long before it was cool!

Smedley
    PLEASE tell me you guys will have at least a small, well-put-together demo table at your booth at Indy this year!

Please?

Smedley

That's really up to Grafter, we feel that the retail booth should be all about the product. We direct interested parties over the the mini event areas to participate in Rumbles and Demos. I wouldn't rule it out though.

well off to Kubla, may have a net blackout for the weekend so see you guys Tuesday. I will take plenty o' pics, even the naughty ones

caffeine-addict
    am hoping for plenty of pics bein in the uk wont be able to attend any of these events more is the pity

Well, not much to show that's not prevalent at other cons. We've been getting plenty of folks trickling in for demos, I had to pitch in for some of them (hence the 'we'). There seem to be some new converts, and we got to meet up with ratbrain from these here forums.

There weren't any special pre-releases, but the miniatures in the case are treat enough. The scion looks increadibly better in person, the current pic is extremely lacking. Same with the mandible (which I was surprised to discover is all one piece!).

While unfortunately I don't have pictures, I got to see Numbskull in it's early stages. All I have to say about the size is, if it's ever cast in metal it should be considdered a deadly weapon. The pose is excellent, reminiscent of the pic of him slamming the ground in Evolution but with a few slight modifications. It's still a WIP, but it's already friggin' awesome.

Also saw a very, very pink Drillhead. When some sculptors use fimo they tend to, er, branch out with the colors. It looked awesome though, when it finally comes out it will be worth the wait.

Also heard that the new Warhead has gone off to the casters. It has been said it suitably dwarfs the last one, and probably won't be dancing either.

So far, I haven't won a game the entire weekend, but at least I didn't recieve a beat down from a young child like bj. I still need to give the staff a whupping, but it's comming.

Smedley
    That's really up to Grafter, we feel that the retail booth should be all about the product. We direct interested parties over the the mini event areas to participate in Rumbles and Demos. I wouldn't rule it out though.
    Problem with that is, the more you elongate the transition from, "Oh, hey, these minis look cool...oh, this is a game? How do I play?" to actually seeing the mechanics in action and getting to play with little dollies, the more likely people are to get distracted/lose interest along the way. That almost happened to me, I got sidetracked on my way to the demo area and was diving through a pile of discounted Magic cards (yes, crappy, I know, trash talk your hearts out...) and almost forgot to get a DA demo. Luckily I remembered and here I am today, but if there was even just a basic demo table at the booth I could at least know what DA had to offer tactics-wise.

Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Smedley
    Problem with that is, the more you elongate the transition from, "Oh, hey, these minis look cool...oh, this is a game? How do I play?" to actually seeing the mechanics in action and getting to play with little dollies, the more likely people are to get distracted/lose interest along the way. That almost happened to me, I got sidetracked on my way to the demo area and was diving through a pile of discounted Magic cards (yes, crappy, I know, trash talk your hearts out...) and almost forgot to get a DA demo. Luckily I remembered and here I am today, but if there was even just a basic demo table at the booth I could at least know what DA had to offer tactics-wise.

Smedley
    for good or bad, I agree with you Smedley!

something like those other manuafacturerers little 1 1/2 foot by 1 1/2 foot demo tables would be totally bomb! It would require two extra hands at the booth and the space to showcase them at the front or side edge of the booth!

I would be willing to do that duty with you Smedley! I have two of those 1 1/2 foot toppers, that I picked up from one of my LGS stores that didn't like the European scale of the toppers (they prefered 2x2).

Dragonlady