Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
What is Essence in essence (sorry couldnt resist wordjoke).
    Brence

What is Essence in essence (sorry couldnt resist wordjoke).

Well, as far as I read it it will be like a rules update. Kinda like PP's Prime Remix? Or will it be a "Light" version of the rules book, essentially dropping only the rules in there without the fluff, force lists etc. (Mind you I'm a noob). So do I jump in now with Genesis or wait for Essence?

It's not really like either you've suggested.

Essence is a trimmed down book. It contains the entire rules set, some sample forces, some scenarios and a few other things. But no full forcelists like in Genesis. From a Rules perspective, the difference between Genesis and Essence is that we have applied all errata to the rules that now appear in Essence.

Why would you buy Essence? If you're not sure yet which force you want to play, or if you do know that you won't be playing either Forsaken Saint Mark or Dragyri Ice Caste. If you DO want to play either of these forces, you should buy Genesis. All the errata is available here in the forum, if you're concerned about the differences between Genesis & Essence.

Oh..and Essence will be cheaper, weighing in at ~75 pages...roughly 1/2 the size of Genesis.

ElectricVoodooMagic

release date?

Does anyone have a release date? My local shop was looking to place and order and it would be great if it coincided with the release of Essence (so we wouldn't have to place 2 orders and pay more in shipping). Also, I would like to run some events at the local shop when this does come out to possibly bring life back to the dying/dead Dark Age group we had. Will the new book have the errata added to it or be a rewrite in any fashion to replace the rules in Genesis? Just wondering since they did that kind of thing at Privateer Press.

We will have Errata available for Download. You can still use Genesis if you don't want to buy Essence, but why wouldn't you want to anyway?

As for the release date we are doing what we can, no promises, to at least have it at Origins. Also regardless of the date, whether it's before, during Origins, or afterwards I want to have a release party for Essence.

When the hell

[quote=Magpie]When the hell

[quote=DA_bj][quote=Magpie]When the hell