Saint James

Dark Age Online Store Order Questions

Hello everyone, I have a quick couple questions:

1. I ordered a couple of blisters from the store for the first time. My order is listed as shipped on 6/26. I'm just curious how long it has taken people to get stuff before, since it's been over a week and a half and I haven't seen anything yet. I got charged, but was curious as to time frame.

2. The security certificate thingy....is this actually something or is it pretty much meaningless? First time I've ever seen that before. Obviously it didn't prevent me from ordering, but I was curious as to what it actually meant.

Thank you so much for your help and I can't wait to play my first game this Sunday. I received a demo at my store by one of the guys who is going to become an Outkast and loved the game and background and the models. I'm going with Forsaken to start

Saint James

Las Vegas Sin City USA!
    Your order shipped the same time mine did... let's see who gets theirs first
    Hell yeah! Full speed ahead, damn anything that gets in the way! It's good to be back!

Heh heh, you don't want to hear how long it takes me to get product. I swear the Customs people open my packages, play with them for a month...then consider forwarding them to me. I'm still waiting for a batch that was sent in May.

You're being in the same country, I'm sure you can expect delivery any day now.

The security certificate is in place to prevent your information from being captured by any of the common internet criminals. Without those certificates in place, your credit card information could easily be copied and used.

Saint James
    Well, what do you know....the mailman just knocked and there was the package. So I guess a couple weeks is the correct answer...lol

As far as the security certificate, it said there was a problem with it, so is that bad?

Saint James

Saint James
    As far as the security certificate, it said there was a problem with it, so is that bad? It says "The info you exchange with this site can't be viewed or changed by others. However there is a problem with the site's security certificate. The security certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to trust. View the certificate to determine whether you want to trust the certifying authority. The sec cert date is valid. The name on the sec cert is invalid or does not match the name of the site." This is the message when on AoL.

When using windows, this is the message that appears:
    "The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.
    The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server. "

So, I am just curious as to if anyone knows exactly what all that means.

Thanks a lot.

Saint James

The only reason you're getting those messages is that our online store software uses a proprietary security certificate process. You have not set it up as being "acceptable" in your list of Trusted sites. So, it doesn't "recognize" it. The reason it's saying the site name and certificate name don't match is, again, due to the software not being a Dark Age Games product. Most likely, you have your browser and/or service settings set to High. I would recommend that you leave them as they are and click through these messages when using our online store. To the best of my knowledge, the store software is using current industry standards for security encryption, so there's no worries there.

Good questions, btw.

You know over the past two years I've looked at those messages often and this is the first time I've really registered them. Shows the attention I pay (and given how paranoid I am about buying from online stores