Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Help me make this Dark Aged!
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Help me make this Dark Aged!

I need to make this terrain stand out as Dark Age spesific terrain.

We don't have any at my local gaming store yet and why not Dark Age it up. Any advise is good.
    Nos es Legio.

First paint the containers like a grey color or some soft neutral color. Then I would use pigments to rust it!

I like the sandy brown you have going right now, if you want to go 'desert building' - it needs depth so I'd give it a ruddy brown wash, then bring the silo looking things up to a creamy beige color - think sun bleached stucco look. Think Tattoine. Here's a link with some good reference.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/toysrgu...7619009491032/

If you want to go 'desert refinery' then you need to wash the silo's with a deep blue, highlight with a reddish metallic paint (tinny tin for example) and then deteriorate with impunity!! Here's some ref for that:

http://www.travellerspoint.com/photo...tries/Namibia/

or

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ajwilso...n/photostream/

Go through those flikr pages, there's some great stuff in there!

Have fun!

A1

After that add some random bits of 'junk'.
    Throne of Angels Video Blog - ARE YOU WATCHING?

As the other posters have said, Junk piles and rust/oxidization would fit the bill nicely. Any wire mesh you can find is always a welcome addition to DA terrain to simulate netting or downed fencing.

could you put a figure next to it for scale purposes?

Sorry about the late response. I now have a house with water. But last time I was at the game store some one else painted it. I can put a model next to it for you. But I want to make this terrain only usable in Dark Age. Meaning not for infinity or any other game. The store doesn't have any Dark Age only terrain.
    Nos es Legio.

I understand that you wanna make this Dark Age themed, I just asked if you could put a figure next to it for scale purposes. If not, what are the dimensions of this beast?

It's an egg carton. The dirt comes about an inch off the ends and 2 on the side.
    Nos es Legio.

weird egg carton. pretty kewl lookin' though. maybe a couple of rows of unejected escape pods still intact? or maybe some long defunct missile silos?

This is Dark Age, so you could have it be some kind of abandoned research facility