Hybrid View

ranged line of sight question

Does a targeted model have to be in base contact with an obstacle to earn partial cover or will he get partial cover just because the line of fire passes over an obstacle, or does it all just depend on how much of the target is seen by the shooter

He will get cover based on the amount that the target is seen. Cover is not dependent on base contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
    He will get cover based on the amount that the target is seen. Cover is not dependent on base contact.
    thanks buddy

How much of the model has to me seen in order for it to get the cover bonus? 1/2 of the model?

Models and terrain features do not grant cover unless they have a rule that provides Light/Heavy Cover,. How much of a model can be seen is irrelevant, if you can draw LoS to it it can be shot.

Thank for the answer but if the terrain is defined to provide light cover and I have a target in LOS with 1/2 it's base behind the cover and the other not behind does it still gain the cover bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
    Models and terrain features do not grant cover unless they have a rule that provides Light/Heavy Cover,. How much of a model can be seen is irrelevant, if you can draw LoS to it it can be shot.

If any part of the Light Cover terrain feature lies in the LoS Window to the target it has Light Cover.

Thank you for the answer. Ran 3 demo games today with that assumption. Can't remember the last time I had so much fun gaming and everyone that played felt the same!!!

Dark Age Rocks!!!!
    Last edited by trideau; 09-08-2013 at 05:25 AM.

For reference, that's listed on pg.25