Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
BROOD Card Discussion - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Okay.. maybe I just can't find this.. but are Lashers suppose to be Large models on 40 mm bases? It looks like they are medium models (climbing some terrain) and they came with 30 mm bases (the ones I have anyway)... looking back to the original Force List they were also listed as Large... but can someone comment on that or point me to the right post if it's already discussed and ruled on. Thanks!

- josh

From the downloads section:

Lashers are Large models on a 40mm base.

Welcome.

1. Size and Model base do not have to consistent, in other words just because most Large models are on a 40mm base does not mean all of them have to be. The Pud Swarm, for example, is appropriately listed as a Small Model on an 80mm.

2. In the case of the Lashers, I believe the listed size and base are correct and that's how mine were shipped. Large and 40mm should be correct. That being said, sometimes if you are buying older Dark Age blisters from a store, they will be packaged under older rulesets and, therefore, contain the incorrect base size. It was the same when I got Buzzblades, they came with the old 30mm bases instead of 40mm used currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Never Knows Best View Post
    The Pud Swarm, for example, is appropriately listed as a Small Model on an 80mm.
    Wait... What?!? When did that happen? I've been playing with two on a 50mm scenic base insert. I put a lot of energy into them. Please tell me that's a mistake on the card?

A Pud Swarm was never sold with a base (to my knowledge) and even in the Apocalypse Rulebook/Forcelist the Pud Swarm size is suspiciously absent. I have to go back to 2010 before I see a listing of Pud Swarm at 50mm.

That being said, I know changing bases sucks. No way to just glue the 50mm on top of an 80?

It was always a blister of Puds with two cards.

Man... This is going to bum me out. Yes, i could just put down the 50 on an 80... but... @#$%^~!

Maybe i'll just pick up two new blisters and use the 80mm WoK scenic base insert when they ship.

Could you use the 50mm base as an objective?

Quote Originally Posted by Forevermore View Post
    Could you use the 50mm base as an objective?
    This is a very cool idea. Making lemonade as it were.